Meralux BICO PP-PE Trilobal
Fibres for the ultimate comfort
Meralux® is a PP/PE-BICO fibre with trilobal cross section. This concept combines the key benefits of MONO-Trilobal and BICO-Round fibres. Meralux’ cross-section shape is unique in the market.
BICO PP-PE Trilobal Meralux | 1.7 - 6.7 dtex
The fibres can be tailored on the basis of the technical performances requested by our customers regarding the liquid behaviour and opacity. The standard core/sheath ratio of 50/50 % wt. can be adjusted until ratios of 70/30 % wt.
• Core: PP
• Sheath: PE
• Unique core/sheath BICO fibre in the market: Trilobal core/uniform sheath
• Suitable for all the main consolidation technologies (ie. CTB, CATB, SL)
• Increased nonwoven performances:
• Higher opacity
• Higher bulkiness
• Improved liquid management
Higher opacity for nonwovens. For applications Topsheet/Backsheet
- Trilobal shape produces a relevant increasing of the equivalent fibre diameter for the same dtex.
- The large dimension fibre lobes improves the fibre coverage, so less light can pass through the obtained nonwoven.
- The addition of mineral charges (ie. TiO2) in the Meralux fibres can be significantly reduced versus the round ones to obtain similar opacity levels in the related nonwovens, bringing a significant increase of the production line efficiency and a consequent system costs.
Higher bulkiness for nonwovens. For applications Topsheet/ADL
- Comparing the same dtex fibres, Meralux fibre nonwovens show higher thickness of the nonwovens, when compared to a normal round options.
- The higher nonwoven bulkiness is also linked to a more open structure, as shown by the air-permeability measurements in the nonwoven.
Improved liquid management. For applications Topsheet/ADL
- Strike-through (Topsheet): High performances of trilobal shaped fibres for the usage in topsheet are guaranteed when in combination with the finish oil specific for this application.
- Rewet (Topsheet): The selection of the special finish can also bring higher dryness levels.
- Wicking (ADL): The trilobal shape and its higher functional surface, enhance the capillarity behavior especially required in ADL structures.
- Raw materials savings
- Nonwoven basis weight reduction
- Significant CO2 reduction
- Higher recyclability
The environmental impacts of Meralux were calculated through an LCA analysis, in line with EN 15804:2012+A2 (environmental product declarations of construction works) and ISO 14040/14044:2006 (requirements and guidelines for life cycle assessment).
Specifications: Meralux BICO PP-PE Trilobal
|MERALUX BICO PP-PE TRILOBAL|
|TITRE (DTEX)||1.7 - 6.7|
|CUT LENGTH (MM)||40 – 50 – 60|
|CROSS SECTION SHAPE||Trilobal|
|MELTING TEMPERATURE (°C)||PP (PHT-free): 165 °C | PE: 130 °C|
|ADDITIVES||Softness Improvers, Opacifiers, Whiteness improvers|
• PHIL: Standard Hydrophilic
• PH: Permanent Hydrophilic
• PH/HW: Permanent Hydrophilic and High Wicking
• PHOB: Hydrophobic
• PH BOTANICAL: Permanent Hydrophilic with Botanical Essences
• SL: Finish suitable for Spunlace technology
In compliance with safety regulations
Comfort and safety are inseparable. That’s why our full range of fibre products complies with the most demanding worldwide safety regulations for hygiene applications. Fibres from Beaulieu do not contain any hazardous ingredients and are in full accordance with the European directives 67/548/CEE, EC 1272/2008 (CLP) and EC 1907/2006 (REACH). Our products are not cytotoxic, nor do they irritate the skin, fully in line with OEKO-TEX Standard 100 Normative, Class I and Class II.
- Baby diapers
- Incontinence products
- Feminine care