BICO PP-PE Round fibres
Fibres for the ultimate comfort
Beaulieu’s BICO round fibres – made of polyethylene and polypropylene – combine the properties of two polymers in one fibre. The sheath made of polyethylene provides softness and the polypropylene core provides strength to the final fabric.
BICO PP-PE Round fibres | 1.7 - 8.9 dtex
This fibre range is made of Polyethylene (PE) in the sheath and Polypropylene (PP) in the core. Based on the request of our customers the Core/Sheath ratios can be adjusted from a standard 50/50 to 70/30. To adjust the liquid performance according to our customer requests different finishes can be applied on the fibre. The fibres can be used for Calender Thermo Bonding or Air-Through Bonding technologies, but are also suitable for Spunlacing and Needle Punching.
• Core: PP
• Sheath: PE
- Improved softness
- Optimal bonding
- High nonwoven strength
- Low density
Specifications: BICO PP-PE Round fibres
|BICO PP-PE ROUND|
|TITRE (DTEX)||1.7 - 8.9|
|CUT LENGTH (MM)||40 – 50 – 60|
|CROSS SECTION SHAPE||Round|
|MELTING TEMPERATURE (°C)||PP (PHT-free): 165 PE: 130 °C|
|ADDITIVES||Softness Improvers, Opacifiers, Whiteness improvers|
• PHIL: Standard Hydrophilic
• PH: Permanent Hydrophilic
• PH/HW: Permanent Hydrophilic and High Wicking
• PHOB: Hydrophobic
• PH BOTANICAL: Permanent Hydrophilic with Botanical Essences
• SL: Finish suitable for Spunlace technology
BICO Round fibres provides the following upsides to the nonwovens:
- Due to the use of PE in the sheath the fibres provide a very good softness to the nonwoven. The low melting temperature of the PE is also exploited for the bonding in nonwoven constructions.
- PP is used as core in this bicomponent fibre-platform. It will provide the strength for the nonwoven and it comes phthalate-free. The opacity levels can be adjusted by adding TiO2 in the fibre formulation.
- Different finishes can be used giving on the fibre to adapt it to the final application of the nonwoven (ie. permanent hydrophilic (PH) finishes are applied for uses in topsheets and hydrophobic finishes (PHOB) for uses in backsheet).
In compliance with safety regulations
Comfort and safety are inseparable. That’s why our full range of fibre products complies with the most demanding worldwide safety regulations for hygiene applications. Fibres from Beaulieu do not contain any hazardous ingredients and are in full accordance with the European directives 67/548/CEE, EC 1272/2008 (CLP) and EC 1907/2006 (REACH). Our products are not cytotoxic, nor do they irritate the skin, fully in line with OEKO-TEX Standard 100 Normative, Class I and Class II.
- Baby diapers
- Incontinence products
- Feminine care